Get ready with the business nbn™ readiness tool
When it comes to navigating technological change, like connecting to the nbn™ broadband access network, bigger businesses and enterprises tend to have the support of dedicated internal and external IT teams.
Yet, for more modest-sized businesses – the micro and small to medium – their comparatively smaller size can see tech needs relegated to the ‘too hard’ basket. This is despite Connecting Australia research showing the growth benefits of businesses investing in the right technology to meet their needs.
So, to help make it easier for businesses of all sizes to connect to services over the nbn™ access network, we’ve specially designed a three-step business nbn™ readiness tool.
The right tool
Conveniently located online and free to use, the business nbn™ readiness tool helps by creating a tailored checklist for connecting to services over the nbn™ access network.
1. What you need to think about prior to connection
2. What to expect on the day of installation based on the technology available at your location
3. Common connection tips
Get started by following the three simple steps:
1. Enter the address of your business site.
2. Select the technologies, systems and devices relevant to your business from the list of those commonly used by businesses:
- PBX systems or multiple phone lines
- Fax machines or fax lines
- ATM on site
- EFTPOS terminals
- HICAPS or health claim terminals
- Monitored security alarms or cameras
- Fire alarms
- Lift emergency phones
- Medical alarms
3. Choose the premises type that applies to your business: a stand-alone property or shared building.
And that’s it!
Once completed, your tailored guide to getting ready is generated.
A simple timeline shows where your business site is up to in the construction stage (including ‘ready to connect’), connection readiness (whether your connection is activated), and useful disconnection information for the old phone and internet network.
This is also where you’ll find information about what you need to do before connection, and what you can expect on installation day.
Scroll below the timeline to discover quick reference information on ‘things to consider’ that may be relevant to your business site, including:
- internal wiring and cabling
- strata or body corporate permissions
- leasing and renting
- special services (such as Ethernet Lite, Frame Relay, Megalink)
- placement of the nbn™ connection box
- modem location
You can also click on the ‘Installation’, ‘Devices’ and ‘Technology’ tabs for information relevant to the technology type being used for your business and its installation requirements.
Simplifying the process
While many businesses in Australia will have the knowledge, time and resources to prepare for their connection to services over the nbn™ access network, we know there are many others who won’t.
That’s why the business nbn™ readiness tool is here to help.
It’s also a handy prompt for the range of devices commonly used by businesses that need to be considered – but may be overlooked – when making the switch.
For small, medium and micro businesses, taking advantage of the business nbn™ readiness tool is a great first step towards tapping into the benefits that nbn™ connectivity can bring.